Monday 4 May 2009

Forbidden Fruit

Fantasies
Open
Realms of
Becoming
Interdicted or
Destroyed by
Devouring yet
Embracing
Norms

Fearless souls
Rail against
Universal
Institutions of
Thought

I came across the Acrostic Only site a while back, and decided it looked rather fun.

I had two things in mind when I wrote this: the HUGE popularity in online role playing games here in China, and a very plaintive remark from one of my students: "I just don't want to be like everyone else." In a country where it's still considered odd for a teenager to think like that.

And my current bout of insomnia brings you this:

Decayed
Intimacies
Violate
Ordinary
Relations
Cauterising
Experience

5 comments:

  1. This is indeed forbidden fruit, you are good at acrostic. Thank you for joining the fun, and do come back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey J, thanks for your input re veggie food. I've had to learn to cope with the the odd meaty spoon.

    And i think i know what you mean about GB. Very shudder inducing like many of his colleagues and rivals.

    Keep up the missives from China - they're most interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My lady you are good! Very creative indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi J,
    Congratulation! I am happy to announce that you are the winner in our "Best Weekly Acrostic" contest. I certainly appreciate your participation.

    Your acrostic is amazing --- please go HERE to see how your poem is presented.

    If you like you can put the badge on your blog side bar, or leave it here; your choice. But if you put it on your side bar, make sure to check the "shrink to fit" box. Otherwise it will be too big. Thanks again for participating, and do join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on winning the BWA this week.

    ReplyDelete