Tuesday 8 September 2009

Dutch Tiles

I really like tiles. Well, tiles of the quality decorative sort, rather than the hideous, cheap 1980s bathroom variety. The luminous colours in these ones caught my roving eye - I was particularly impressed that this gorgeous Art Nouveau porch was still intact, unblemished and hadn't been replaced with something cheaply attempting to be 'on trend'.

And how could I resist this thoughtful looking tile cat, cleverly blocking a small street fronting window. I wonder if there was a real feline snoozing somewhere behind the facade?

8 comments:

  1. Love the tile cat. He looks right at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun tiles. And a fun new look to your blog! I like it. A lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, artistic and delicate too.
    Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you like the tiles and the new layout! I love the cat tiles, think it made the place look so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the top one. I have a weakness for tiles too :) When I was in Italy I was completely enamored with their very common use of tiles in exteriors. Loved it. I've got a few pics of my own from the courtyard of an old temple across the Ganges in Navadvipa:

    http://picasaweb.google.com/Braja.Sorensen/NavadvipGoatSlaughteringDayWalkabout#5278099362879157330

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello J, thank you deeply for your thoughtful comment today on my borderline post...It touched me that you would go to the trouble, as most are scared off at the prospect of going "there" ... however honesty is one's way of Being in life, if one is to be IN their life and so for me, I am tired of writing just about art and gardening and have gone to a deeper place...my hope for you is that you will find your Path there as well, if that is what you desire...

    blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Braja - thanks for the link, I love the amazing saturated colours, and the fascinating glimpse into India.

    linda - thanks - sometimes being honest with yourself can be the hardest thing!

    ReplyDelete