Wednesday 2 September 2009

Husband and Wife

My friend Hayley is to be congratulated not only on her wedding, but on remaining (relative to her normal state) sane during the build up, so that I was looking forward to the event with excited anticipation, rather than feeling jaded after being forced to listen to treatises on the merits of different types of confetti.

It was fantastic: beautiful and simply, effortlessly elegant. I don’t think I’ve ever seen her look so happy, and, at the risk of sounding sentimental, happiness and pride seem to radiate out from the bride and groom and their families.
Not to mention how adorable their daughter looked, even when she asked if the ceremony was over yet.
At one point, I had a slight lump in the throat and felt so proud of my friend, of all the wonderful things she’s done and does, and full of hope that their family would know more happiness than sorrow.
After the ceremony, the celebrations began, and exhorted by the groom to enjoy ourselves, and we did, in a relaxed and joyful atmosphere. It was simply perfect – even the sun shone!
Congratulations to you both!

3 comments:

  1. Staying calm during wedding preparations is difficult for even the sanest of us.
    Looks like a beautiful ceremony and a happy time. Best wishes to the newly married couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful couple. What an attentive and lovely friend. What charming photos!

    BTW, Braja send me here. She thought I'd like your blog, and she'd be right.

    Come visit ez4me2say.blogspot.com sometime?

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely black and whites!

    ReplyDelete